Monday, October 15, 2007

Too much to process

Well, I'm almost finished with my first class. It's hard to believe, but it's been 8 weeks since we started.

The first feeling I have is relief. I'm glad we're to this point.

The strongest feeling I have is overload - it's just too much to process in this amount of time. Too much reading, too much writing, too much reading others' writing. Too much!

I think for the next class that I'll try to force myself to write weekly about what we're studying - to force me to process enough to put it all in words.

The next class will make that easier (I hope). We'll be studying (and practicing) the spiritual disciplines (meditation and prayer, fasting and study, simplicity and solitude, submission and service, confession and worship, guidance and celebration).

Thanks for taking the trip with me. Love to you all,

Beth

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beth,
Some advise on practicing the disciplines; Leave your expectations at home! Foster is well read and I found myself wanting to 'keep up'. I guess it is like my dance lessons. You learn the steps, continuity comes with practice. Anyway, enjoy the journey. God is good all the time!

P.S. Linda Fay and I are looking for another church to serve. Pray for us.

Alan Tullis

jenny said...

Beth, I am just stopping by. I'd love for you to blog about what you're learning! Condense it down for me in simple terms, tells us all the really "good" stuff you're learning---that would be great!!

It was a long dry spell without you! ;-)